Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A period of introspection.


KPC In Light
Originally uploaded by Cajie.
Ever since we returned back to Kuwait (after our trip to Toronto in January), I've been having a tough time to get back into photography. The first few weeks were immersed in work and a long business trip to Saudi Arabia. But even after returning back to a normal schedule, I just can't seem to get the inspiration to go out and do some shooting.

This picture of the KPC building was the only picture I have taken during the past 2 months!!

The weather is really great these days (well, most of the time), and it's spring time with lots of flowers springing up everywhere. I need something to make me get out of the house. Perhaps a cool beer, which I miss from my Canada trip?

I did manage to do 2 events. The first was the communion of my niece in India. I flew there just for the occasion, and managed to get some great pictures of the whole ceremony. I am currently doing a project to get these pictures printed through www.blurb.com. I will post about this experience very soon.

The second event was a birthday party that I did last week for the daughter of a very close friend. The D200 paired with the 17-55 f2.8 and the SB-800 speed-light was a fantastic combination. I wish I could post some of the pictures, but I would feel uncomfortable posting pictures of friends without their consent.

3 comments:

Marzouq said...

Its good to have a break sometimes! But you should get back to it!

Anonymous said...

Yepp, it's good to take a break - but you can't stay off for too long ;)

And yeah - a beer while shooting flowers in the desert, nice.
I'll join you :D

Cajetan Barretto said...

marzouq & nicole.
Thanks. I know what you mean.

My work load has increased tremendously the past few months; along with increased responsibilities. By the time I reach home, I just want to crash on a bed.