Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nikkor 17-55 f2.8, First test shots.


Souq Sharq Mall
Originally uploaded by Cajie.
I got my first chance today to try out the new 17-55 lens. It looks and feels great and allows me to take pictures that were not possible before.

This picture of a local mall is taken wide open at 17mm at f4 and ISO 640 giving me sufficient hand-held shutter speed of 1/50th of a second.

What is more interesting for me is that at this ultra-wide angle, the distortion (though it exists) is minimal and well-controlled.

This is going to be the lens that stays on my camera body 95% of the time from now on.

3 comments:

Marzouq said...

Looking forward to seeing more shots, thats a nice shot of inside of the mall!

Anonymous said...

That is NICE!

How are you doing?
Already settled in?
:)

Best wishes for you all!

Nicole
http://nicoleb.org/b2/

Cajetan Barretto said...

@Marzouq, Thanks. Yes, I am looking forward to doing some serious work with this lens.

@Nicole, that's the inside of Souq Sharq in good ol' Kuwait :)

We are travelling to Canada on 28th Dec.